WarChest News

New RAD Soldiers Update Adds In-Game Chat and More!

We’ve just deployed a new game update for RAD Soldiers, bringing a bunch of brand-new features to the game, including in-game chat, friends leaderboards, and trying out new Soldiers. Read on for details!

Undeniably of the most requested features, in-game chat makes its heroic/flamboyant/suave entrance in this update. You can now attach a message for your opponent when you send your turn, and they’ll get to see that once they load the match on their end.

We’ve also got something for you single player aficionados out there: Each challenge now features a friends leaderboard showing the three best players for that challenge, so you know where you stand compared to your friends. It’s the second most perfect way to shove tactical supremacy right in their faces (the first being a drubbing in multiplayer, of course).

In other exciting news, you can now try out Soldiers you haven’t yet recruited and give them a go on a small practice map. Great for investing those coins wisely!

On the fix front, Dee Hatlacker fans will be happy to know that the Shield-o-Bot is once again able to move into tiles previously occupied by a dead Soldier, and there are many smaller fixes in the update too.

To install this update, simply head to the Updates tab in the App Store and select RAD Soldiers.

Which of these new features you’re most excited about? Let us know in the comments!

Category:

44 Comments

Nice update chat system works well trying out soldiers is quite a good idea for newer players could be very handy
Posted on 2 July, 2013 - 19:58
first go using chat on a replay of a game crashed. Ill have another go when times comes to know if consistant. Chat be nice at game defeat, that is when when last words spoken.
Posted on 2 July, 2013 - 20:32
I think that game was against me and haven't upgraded yet. Dev's missing a test case?:o
Posted on 2 July, 2013 - 23:15
When is new content going to be released? No new toons or weapons for months...Appreciate the chat and it works well enough but I've got 6 figures of gold and nothing to spend it on...
Posted on 3 July, 2013 - 00:20
Bee attack ability has been reduced now more options to add another ability at 2 than just the sensor
Posted on 3 July, 2013 - 20:29
Try out seems slightly silly to me fighting against one opponent with two it really dosnt give a good idea on the toon. I like to see two on two so testing it's team support abilities against you. And be nice to have after first game another random toon duo
Posted on 6 July, 2013 - 13:27
I find the lack of discussion about chat odd. Does that mean nobody uses it or everybody likes it. Chat's interesting mid-game but there are no "last words" from the loser or even the winner. As soon as the winner delivers the last fatal shot, it goes to the victory screen with no chance at closing remarks that the loser would see during playback. The loser, of course, is only shown how they lost and the game wouldn't have a way to deliver the msg to the winner anyway. Chat also has a short character limit. I think we've also seen that it crashes when talking down-level. Definitely version 0.9. Be sure to thank your beta testers (apparently that's us). I had a beautiful and eloquent last line to deliver to Ciakgb about the match and here I am, forced to deliver it, publicly: I told you I could lose with 5 Angelas.
Posted on 7 July, 2013 - 03:40
Ha, what a riot, I could hear you plain as day anyway:)
Posted on 7 July, 2013 - 04:54
chat will take some time to catch on, right now random players I sent a few but no replies, you have a better chance of use with friends. I just spun the world...tutorial abc blocks now a woodedn sign post on papua new guinea! Has Merci been upgraded? she feels like she does more in curing stun/gas attacks
Posted on 7 July, 2013 - 06:27
Shield-O-Bot and Dee is still unable to "walk pass".... Dee cant walk pass his bot having to walk around it... and bot cant move over allies like normal toons does....
Posted on 7 July, 2013 - 10:35