WarChest News

RAD Soldiers arrives on PC - play it now for free!

Following its successful iOS debut late last year, RAD Soldiers is available for PC right now as a free download in the Chrome Web Store. Read on for information about the game and how to get it!

What is it?

RAD Soldiers is a lot like chess. With guns. And explosions. You assemble a squad of its titular soldiers and leading them into explosive, turn-based battles in a range of single player campaigns or online against your friends. Each soldier has a different, match-changing special ability and there’s also a massive arsenal of weapons for them to use, so you can really make your squad your own and adapt it to your preferred playing style. For a proper taste of the game, watch the Chrome Web Store launch trailer:

PocketGamer really liked it when it came out, and players did too, rating the game 4.5/5 on average. In fact, since its Christmas debut on iOS last year, RAD Soldiers has topped strategy or board game charts in over 90 different countries, and is now approaching some 200 million minutes of total play time.

How to get it

Suffice to say, we’re very excited to be bringing RAD Soldiers to PC and making it accessible to even more of our fans. The only thing you’ll need is an install of Google Chrome, after which you can download RAD Soldiers from the Chrome Web Store.

Download RAD Soldiers now >>

Chrome Apps currently work in Windows and Chrome OS, and Mac support is coming in the very near future.

It’s compatible with iOS!

RAD Soldiers is compatible with its iOS counterpart, so you can play PC multiplayer matches against friends on iOS, and vice versa. Better yet, if you already play RAD Soldiers on your iPhone or iPad, you can use that same WarChest account in the PC version, with your soldiers and game progress being shared across all of your devices.

Let us know your feedback!

Once you’ve downloaded RAD Soldiers and given it a spin, we’d love to hear your feedback. You can share your thoughts right here in the comments, in the official RAD Soldiers forums, or on the RAD Soldiers Facebook page.

Speaking of which, don’t forget to follow WarChest on Twitter and like RAD Soldiers on Facebook to keep up-to-date on the game and be first in line for our upcoming RAD Soldiers contests.

Right, enough talk, go download RAD Soldiers!

Category:

34 Comments

This kicks ass, FYI:)
Posted on 5 September, 2013 - 18:38
Awesome - very awesome. Already shared and sent out to my circle (and work). I was slightly annoyed it didn't ask for your warchest account at the beginning, but I'm glad it didn't require me creating a new profile (after I skipped the tutorial).
Posted on 5 September, 2013 - 19:55
Yeah, that screen should come before the commander selection, but I guess they want the new user to have the easiest possible landing into the game.
Posted on 5 September, 2013 - 20:25
interesting, looks great on my 24"
Posted on 5 September, 2013 - 23:58
Great update. Chrome version is much nicer and smoother than my old iDevice. I'm really happy about this. One (possible) bug is, that I had reward crate in solo much, and tried to open with the keys but failed by 'network problem' although everything looks fine. I've already lost two of my keys without any reward! I would like to know what inside the box and want back my lost keys if possible.
Posted on 6 September, 2013 - 02:02
What's a reward Crate?
Posted on 6 September, 2013 - 04:16
U get random reward crates dropped in one player, u get three free keys but then u have buy them. Usually they are weapons, but sometimes the are soldiers!
Posted on 6 September, 2013 - 04:36
Yeah, sadly, I've gotten the same weapons and skin twice but I did get Archer which is pretty cool.
Posted on 7 September, 2013 - 08:35
I only learned of this during it's release since I've been away for a while, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise to come back to. Have been having loads of fun, fullscreen is amazing, thank you all a million times over for this!
Posted on 7 September, 2013 - 09:39
Love it! I was just waiting for a thing like this to happen! I don't use appleware, I use Windows PC and Windows Phone, so at least I can now play it on my Windows 8 Tablet,. Sweet!
Posted on 7 September, 2013 - 12:00