1. INFORMATION ABOUT WARCHEST
www.warchest.com (“the site”) is operated and owned by Warchest Limited of 81 Tweedy Road, Bromley, Kent, United Kingdom, BR1 (“WarChest”). WarChest takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting and respecting it.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy (together with the documents referred to on it and the terms and conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data WarChest collects from you, or that you provide to WarChest, will be processed by WarChest. Please read the following carefully to understand WarChest’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how WarChest will treat it.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is WarChest Limited.
WarChest will only collect and process information about you in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy. By using the site, you consent to such processing.
2. INFORMATION WARCHEST MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
WarChest may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when you fill in forms on the site, such as your name, age, address, email address, sex and mobile number. WarChest may also ask you for information when you purchase products (“Products”) from the site, register for WarChest’s mailing list, access WarChest’s chat forum and when you report a problem with the site.
- Information about you such as your name, address and contact details when you enter a competition or prize-draw WarChest may choose to operate.
- If you contact WarChest, WarChest may keep a record of that correspondence.
- WarChest or WarChest’s agents on WarChest’s behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that WarChest use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions you carry out through the site and of the fulfilment of your orders (“Orders”).
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for WarChest’s own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
3. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
WarChest use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about users’ visits to the site.
WarChest may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access the site) and your visit to the site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate (anonymised) information to WarChest’s partners and if necessary WarChest’s advertisers.
WarChest may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to WarChest. They help WarChest to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
The site uses the following cookies:
This provides real-time data analytics, site performance alerts and generally records if users have previously visited the site.
3.2 Visual Website Optimizer
This provides an A/B testing tool to help us improve the site.
3.3 Google Analytics
This web analytics service provided by Google Inc helps WarChest analyse how users use the site. It counts the number of visitors and analyses their behaviour overall, such as typical length of stay on the site or the average number of pages a user views.
This information generated by the cookie about your use of the site will be transmitted to and stored by Google on their servers. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the site, compiling reports on the site activity and providing other services relating to site’s activity.
Generally, cookies may be used to enable WarChest:
- To estimate WarChest’s audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow WarChest to customise the site according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to the site.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on the site. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in WarChest’s control. They are set by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and other third party services, and relate to the ability of users to share content on the site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies, as explained below:
How to manage cookies
- Click the spanner icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select 'Settings'.
- Click 'Show advanced settings'.
- Under 'Privacy', click 'Content settings'.
- In the 'Cookies' section, you can manage your cookie settings.
- Click the 'Firefox' button, or 'Tools' at the top of the browser page.
- Select 'Options'.
- Click the 'Privacy' tab.
- Set 'Firefox will:' to 'Use custom settings for history'.
- Manage your settings to accept or reject cookie types.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click 'Tools' on the browser toolbar.
- Select 'Internet options'.
- Click the 'Privacy' tab, where you can manage your cookie settings.
- Click 'Safari' at the top of the screen.
- Select 'Preferences'.
- Click the 'Privacy' tab, where you can manage your cookie settings.
If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org
4. WHERE WARCHEST STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that WarChest collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for WarChest or for one of WarChest’s suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. WarChest will endeavour to take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although WarChest will do its best to protect your personal data, WarChest cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once WarChest has received your information, WarChest will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
WarChest use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, Products or services that you request from WarChest or which WarChest feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to WarChest’s service.
- To fulfil WarChest’s legal obligations and respond to litigation.
- For WarChest’s statistical or survey purposes to improve the site and communicate WarChest’s services to you.
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the site and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on WarChest’s behalf.
- If you consent, to notify you by email of WarChest’s Products, promotions, competitions and special offers that may be of interest to you.
- To create non personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with the site.
6. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
WarChest gives you a choice of whether or not you want WarChest or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. WarChest would like to keep you informed of developments on warchestgames.com and other certain games.
Warchest will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
WarChest may disclose your personal information to any member of WarChest’s group, which means WarChest’s subsidiaries, WarChest’s ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
WarChest may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that WarChest sells or buy any business or assets, in which case WarChest may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If WarChest or substantially all of WarChest’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by WarChest about WarChest’s customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If WarChest is under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply WarChest’s terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WarChest, WarChest’s customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To WarChest’s third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of WarChest’s site to you and to allow them to provide you with details of their services and/or products which might be of interest to you.
Please note that WarChest’s site and the service available on it are not aimed at Minors, and you should not share any personal information with WarChest if you are a Minor (the age of Minors is determined by local laws where you reside).
9. CHANGES TO WARCHEST’S PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Any changes WarChest may make to WarChest’s Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to information collected by WarChest on WarChest’s site. The site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that WarChest is not responsible for the privacy and cookies policies of such other websites and WarChest would advise you to read the privacy and cookies policy of other websites that collects your personal information.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy, the practices of WarChest’s site or your dealings with WarChest’s site you can contact WarChest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting WarChest’s site.